Rabu, 20 Mei 2020

HOMEWORK BOOK 8 LESSON 3 FROM MAJ NANI

Mei 20, 2020

Exercise C Page HW-18 :
1. The .... said, "Sorry, the line is .... ."
    (a) Operator / busy.
2. The ... said, "The ... will cost $4.75 for three minutes."
    (b) Operator / call.
3. You can't make a call from this ... without any ...
    (b) Public phone / coin.
4. He bought that coast for $20.00. It was ...
    (a) Cheap.
5. The teacher said, "... study for the test and you'll do well."
    (b) Just.
6. He was angry. He ... without saying "Goddbye."
    (a) Hung up.
7. They make truck in the big ...
    (a) Factory.
8. Dave ... his ID card behind the front seat of his car.
    (b) Found.
9. Karen put three quarters into the ...
    (b) Slot.
10. Pennies, nickels, and dimes are all ...
     (a) Coins.


Exercise D Page HW-19 :
1. How do I use this phone ? 
    (f) Just put the coins in teh slot.
2. How do I get to the BX ?
    (i) Just go straight ahead.
3. Can I walk on the wet floor ?
    (a) Sure, just don't fall down.
4. Does this bus go to 2nd Street ?
    (g) No, it just goes to Lee Avenue.
5. Is Mary in her office ?
    (h) I don't know. They just went out.
6. Why are the lights off ?
    (c) Just a minute. I'll see.
7. Is it going to rain ?
    (j) It might. Bring your umbrella.
8. I didn't do well on my test.
    (d) Just try to do better next time.
9. Let me speak with Mary, too.
    (b) Oh, too late. I just hung up.
10. Are you ready to make the call ?
     (e) I just need to get some change.

Exercise E Page HW-19 :
1. Who are you writing to ? To whom are you writing ?
2. With whom are you having dinner ? Who are you having dinner with ?
3. For whom is the phone call ? Who is the phone call for ?
4. Who do you want to speak to ? To whom do you want to speak ?
5. Who is that letter for ? For whom is that letter ?
6. To whom did Travis give the phone ? Who did Travis give the phone to ?
7. Who are you going to town with ? With whom are you going to town ?

Exercise F Page HW-20 :
1. When are you going to study for this week's quiz ?
    I might study on Tuesday evening.
2. When are you going to start tomorrow's homework ?
    I might start on Saturday morning.
3. What will you eat for dinner tonight ?
    I may eat grilled meat tonight.
4. What are you going to do this weekend ?
    I might go on vacation to grandma's house.
5. Where are you going to go on your next vacation ?
    I might go on holiday to Bali.
6. Where will you live in five years ?
    I may just stay at home.

Exercise G Page HW-20 :
1. Jane went to the commissary.
    (d) She's going to meet a friend.
2. Rod is a doctor.
    (c) He visits sick people in hospitals.

Exercise H Page HW-21 :
1. He = Pvt Bennett.
2. It = Plane.
3. He = Capt Rock.

Exercise I Page HW-21 :
1. (f) Conversation have a bussiness.
2. (d) Person meet an important.
3. (a) Page turn to the book's last.
4. (g) Phone call buy an expensive.
5. (e) Wacth get a sad.
6. (c) Coin put in small.
7. (b) Bill pay a high.
8. (h) Change deposit a small.

Exercise I Page HW-22 :
1. (b) When is it cheaper ?
2. (a) How much are long distance calls ?
3. (f) I want to make a long distance call.
4. (d) Some calls are more expensive than others.
5. (c) Deposit the change in the slot.
6. (e) Some calls are less expensive than others.





Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar

MY IMPRESSION STUDYING ONLINE FOR 3 MONTHS FROM MAJ NANI

Juni 15, 2020 My Impression Studying Online For 3 Months Kesan saya belajar online selama 3 bulan.  This is the first time I have ex...